Saturday, March 26, 2005

 

What it must be like to live inside that head

I like my psychology class. It's very interesting. I've also learned some surprising stuff, for example, having a split personality doesn't necessarily mean you can be in two different places at the same time. WTF?

The instructor is a grad student, and the gods of political correctness would sure like to char-burn his ass in hell. When we were talking about intelligence, he would say things like:

"Some people are so dumb they screw up even the simplest tasks. Like, how can you screw up in a job at McDonald's?"

While talking about the stability of IQ over time, regardless of effort:

"One time I had a student who was a little slow, but man was she dedicated! She tried really hard, but just didn't get it, and I told her, 'You know, you just won't make it, so there's no use trying...'"

You can actually hear people gasping, which at least is a sign they're paying attention. I think he takes it as a compliment. Not sure though.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?