Friday, July 15, 2005

 

Doctors and their colossal fucking egos

Warning: If you don't want to hear me bitch about my rough day at work, you may skip the rest of this entry.

This idiot surgeon's secretary is on vacation, and he wanted a student employee to answer phones and open his mail. I didn't have enough staff to send a student to his office for the entire day where there wouldn't be much to do besides staring into outer space. (He's like 80 and doesn't perform many surgeries anymore. The only calls his office gets are probably his distant cousins RSVPing for his pathetic upcoming beach party.) So a student sat in his office for about two hours while he was out.

The next day, the guy goes and showers the head of HR with shit because he had to open his own mail. "There was no one in my office when I returned from clinic." The HR head in turn bitched at me and my manager (who is one of the Administrative Directors, by the way) and hinted that my staff was incompetent/irresponsible. All because some cretinous senile megalomaniac who got an M.D. put after his name in the 1930's thought it was beneath him to pick up his own damn phone instead of sitting on his sorry ass and watching someone else do it.

Moral of the story: I must make sure that I don't ever turn into one of those lawyers whose J.D. stands for Jerkoff, Dickhead.

P.S. If somehow this gets back to the department, I hope it's not just verbally related. If the purpose is to get me in trouble, I hope whoever does it is kind enough to print this out and make him read it. Pictures or even eye-witness accounts of what his face looks like would be highly appreciated.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?