Friday, October 28, 2005

 

My inbox runneth over

My boss's boss seems to think that since we have a remote work relationship I would be interested in reading every email she writes, receives, or forwards. I'm a frickin' webmaster! Don't copy me on emails about who's ordering stationery featuring our new logo. I don't give a rat's ass! A reasonable reader might say, don't read the emails. It's not that simple. When you receive an email from a coworker, you're justified in making the assumption that you're receiving it because you need to know the information contained therein. Especially if every single one of those emails starts with "FYI." And that's not all. Given the nature of her work, she first sends an email about something that's about to happen. (From here on, these will be referred to as "heads-up" emails, as much as I now hate that term.) Then, when said event has occurred, she sends an email notifying all her poor recipients that--SURPRISE--said event has occurred! Finally, we all get an email about a news story that covered the event. Why, God, WHY???!!!

Anyway. Scooter Libby's indictment makes me feel all warm and gooey inside. It took him 85 days to finally be "comfortable" with waiving his right to confidentiality as a source while a principled journalist vicariously suffered in jail. May he rot in hell.

P.S. If anyone feels the new look of the blog is disgusting/hurts your eyes/you have a better idea, please feel free to share. I'll probably just laugh at you, but feedback is always good, even if for its comical value alone.

Comments:
new layout look better but sidebar is apearing at bottom of the page instead on left, and i am using 1024 X 768 resolution, what about them who are using 800 X 600
 
I've noticed that too, with low-res monitors. I'll see if I can make it work.
P.S. Looks like my readership has risen sharply--from 4 to 5.
 
try to set attributes in %age instead of absolute width it will then work on all resolutions like you can change the style sheat like
for sidebar width: 20%;
and main content width:75%;
5% will be allounce if some nrowsers dont act the right way and then inside of the content area you can give width to post, post title and post footer and comments to either 100% or depends how much margin and spacing are you given, any way its the idea if you like it or not :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?